gbAnimator - Global Settings|
There are several global settings which govern the way that a model behaves. These
settings are not associated with any specific node or link. The settings are saved
with the model and restored when a model is opened.
The settings may be set using the the following portion of the lower gbAnimator toolbar.
The force-related settings are:
- Gravity (g) - a force which acts downward on all masses.
- Surface Friction (f) - when a mass comes in contact with a floor, it losses a fraction of
its velocity in the X-direction.
- Viscosity (v) - by raising viscosity from zero, the masses can be made to move as though
they were immersed in liquid
- Wind (w) - all nodes can experience wind, either left-to-right or right-to-left
- Bounce (b) - when a mass comes in contact with the floor, it reverses it's Y-direction
motion and losses a fraction of its velocity in the Y-direction
The three time-related settings are:
- Time Interval (t) - The equations on motion in response to a force include
a time variable. In general, the smaller the time interval the smoother the
motion appears to be.
- Repetition Rate (r) - gbAnimator can animate a scene at faster than real time
speeds. It does so by repeating the calculations for a time interval more
frequently than the time interval itself.
- Animation Clock (c) - The frequency of the push/pull of the animators can
be adjusted to achieve faster or slower animation. Generally, animators
operate fairly slowly (1-5 oscillations per second).
When a gbAnimator model is saved the global settings are saved with it. When
a model is opened the settings associated with the model are used.
When a link is created all properites are set to zero or false, except these two:
Users can change the default link values using the appropriate Options menu selection.
- Spring Constant - default value of 5
- Animator Strength - default value of 0.2
When a node is created all properties are set to zero or false, except for:
- Mass - default value of 1
gbAnimator Window Settings
The size of the gbAnimator window is also saved with the model. When a model is
opened, the gbAnimator window will use the saved settings only if the saved settings
require more area than the current window provides.