gbCodeLib is a full-featured, multi-language source code librarian. It has a powerful,
built-in source code editor and revision control manager.
gbCodeLib has an easy-to-use interface yet
provides one of the largest feature sets of any code librarian available today.
Over 1000 sample source code snippets, including language mini-tutorials, are
included in the distribution. gbCodeLib and its snippets can be updated online.
gbCodeLib is free for non-commercial use. This includes personal and educational use.
Also, just released is gbXML,
a companion program to gbCodeLib. gbXML provides a graphical interface for creating
language definition files, which are used by gbCodeLib to define how a language is
displayed in its source code editor.
There's also a simpler version of gbCodeLib, called
gbFlashLib, which can simply be
copied to a flash drive and run in place. It's a great way to be
able to work with your snippets when you're away from your own PC.
- Support for multiple languages
- Custom language definition files
- 1000+ snippets / mini-tutorials
- Snippet revision control
- Powerful source code editor
- Online Searchs
- HTML export with user-defined format
- Remote databases
- Extract snippets from local language files
- Object storage
- Online updates
- Customizable Data Fields
Download   (ver 9.0.188, 2.8MB)
Latest Changes in v9.0
- Online Search (user and gbCodeLib server)
- gbXML - language definition utility
- gbFlashLib - no-install version of gbCodeLib
- User Customizable Fields
- Boolean and Field-Specific Search
- Screen Capture / Print Form
Language Snippets in Distribution
gbCodeLib is free for non-commercial use. This includes personal and
A registration fee of $30 per user is required for use
of gbCodeLib in commercial or governmental environments.
Group purchase rates are available.
Paypal and credit cards
(Visa/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover) are accepted.